The Occupational Therapy BSc Hons degree is a holistic course with a biopsychosocial curriculum. My degree gave me the necessary grounding to begin to understand this complex condition. I have since undertaken additional training from both NHS, and complementary therapists, who specialise in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME). I have combined the most effective aspects of this training to provide a practical approach to address the many varied symptoms of CFS/ME, and ultimately shorten your journey to health and wellbeing.
In addition I can explain:
- The delayed fatigue and how to avoid it.
- The variety of cognitive (thinking) problems and strategies to deal with them.
- Why a good nights sleep is difficult (despite feeling so tired) and how to improve it.
- The digestive issues and intolerances to food/drink and how to deal with these.
- The excessive worry or anxiety experienced and how to reduce it.
Having experienced CFS myself I understand how frightening and disheartening this misunderstood condition can be, and importantly what it takes to achieve a new sense of wellbeing.
“Tina has a depth of knowledge that I have not encountered with any other Occupational Therapist. I would not hesitate to recommend her.” Lisa Watson, Physiotherapist MCSP. Walking Tall Physiotherapy Services.